The Site is operated by Alimera Sciences Limited (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 08018355, and our registered office is at Royal Pavilion, Wellesley Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU11 1PZ. For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are the data controller.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you upload or submit any material via the Site or request any information;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download.
- demographic information such as your location;
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources you access and any data you download.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information but doing so will help us provide the best possible service to you.
Use of information collected
We will use the information you provide to:
- respond to your enquiries
- provide the services you request
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customize them to offer an optimal user experience;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have given us your consent to be contacted for these purposes;
- contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered;
Sharing of information collected
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us to provide the services we offer through the Site, including fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time as required under the Site. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- If required to do so by law;
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or cybercrime, or respond to a government request.
- In the event that we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or are sold to a third party. In these circumstances you will be notified via a prominent notice on the Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
You can tell us not to contact you or that you do not wish us to continue to use your information by contacting us at email@example.com.
In the case of direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal it may affect our ability to continue to provide the relevant services to you.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish through your web browser settings. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, which will enable you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, if you do not accept a cookie you may not be able to use all the functionality of your browser software.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Security of your information
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the UK. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be situated outside the European Economic Area and may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer. Right of access, correction and objection.
We respect your right under the GDPR to request access to the personal information that we process about you and to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete data. You may also object to our processing of your personal data, restrict the processing of such data and request that we erase personal data about you. If you wish to contact us to exercise your rights of access, correction or objection, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are not able to provide the requested data or fulfil your request, you will be provided with reasons for any such decision. In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Retention of your information
We only retain personal data for as long as is necessary for us to render a service you have requested or to which you have given your consent, except where otherwise provided by law (e.g. in connection with pending litigation).
Alimera Sciences Limited